Thursday, March 27, 2014

Taco Bell launches breakfast today

Taco Bell's Waffle Taco with sausage and egg. Provided photo

I guess Taco Bell's breakfast gives new meaning to wake and bake.

You don't have to be high to order steak and eggs at Taco Bell at 7 a.m., the food is actually pretty good.

Thursday marked the first day Taco Bell launched its breakfast menu nationwide offering the Waffle Taco, an A.M. Crunchwrap, hash browns, coffee and Cinnabon Delights, which are hot pastry puffs filled with a warm cream cheese filling. The menu is available from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.

I decided to try it out for myself this morning on the way to work, and since tacos are never a good driving food, I declined to try the Waffle Taco. It just seemed like disaster waiting for me.

Instead, I went with the A.M. Crunchwrap with steak. They offer a choice of bacon and sausage, too. The food was hot, crunchy and a good breakfast food to have one hand on the wheel and another shoving that glorified Hot Pocket down my mouth. It wasn't greasy, surprisingly, and the hash brown delivered a better crunch than the toasted wrap. The wrap definitely needed some salsa, which I attempted to put on at a stop light, but you can't do too much before it ends up on your shirt.
The A.M. Crunchwrap I tried this morning.

But the Cinnabon Delights were something else. It's a hot puffy pastry ball with cinnamon sugar that once you bite into it, the dam breaks and the hot cream cheese filling comes pouring out. These could easily become addictive. I'm fortunate my meal only came with two. I don't know about ordering a cup of these sugar bombs.

The coffee was OK. It had a different taste to it that I had difficulty grasping what exactly it is, almost an alcohol flavor to it. A coworker thought it tasted weak, though. Jury's still out on that one.

Overall, the breakfast seems like a decent option compared to Jack In The Box from the West Coast.

Have you tried out the Taco Bell breakfast? Drop your review below.

No comments:

Post a Comment